CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 8, 2012

DIY Meal Planner

I'll be honest... I am not the most organized lady in the whole world.  Kendra is definitely in the running for organization queen, but I am not even close.  Hey, at least I'm not a hoarder!  I am also quite possibly not the best at saving money.  Some of my New Years Resolutions are to save money through couponing, meal plan every week and to be more organized.  Well, this little baby helps me hit on all three!  Meal planning It also jazzes up my stuck in the 50's kitchen a little bit. 

This DIY is so easy peasy that I didn't think I needed to take pictures of each step.
  1. Trim a piece of pretty scrapbook paper to fit inside your frame.  Mine is 8 x 10" (and was bought with a 50% off coupon at Michael's!)
  2. Use fancy sparkly letter stickers to indicate the days of the week.  I simply did M T W T F S S.  Be careful to space them evenly, and make sure that none of the stickers end up under the frame part.  You could also use labels with the days of the week typed out.  I decided that I wanted something subtle and simple.
  3. Put your scrapbook paper in the frame.
  4. Write your meal plan for the week directly onto the glass with a dark colored dry erase marker.  You could probably also use Vis a Vis markers, but they were more expensive.
  5. Hang it up, and start cooking!

-Mary

0 comments: