CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 13, 2012

DIY Engagement Gift

Kendra got engaged a few months ago, and over Christmas the mothers of the bride and groom threw a surprise engagement party for them.  I was racking my brain trying to come up with a sweet and thoughtful gift for them, since they are two of my favorite people on the planet.  I was thinking and thinking, and kept coming back to the idea that what they really wanted was money to help pay for their honeymoon.  They don't need a lot of "stuff," and if you keep reading this blog you will find out that Kendra HATES clutter!  

I came up with a personalized savings jar to help them save for their amazing honeymoon.

 
1. Pick out a jar.  I found this one at The Container Store.  You might want to NOT do what I did, and go for a jar that you can actually put change in.  Whoops!

 2.  Print out a photo of the lovely couple and modge podge the hell out of it.  Again, don't do what I did, which was making it too big and creating a weird modge podge wrinkle in it.  Jazz it up with a few ribbons if that's your jam.

3.  Put some money in it!

I kinda sorta love this idea because EVERYONE who is getting married needs money to pay for the wedding, the honeymoon or both.  Why not help them get started?

 Optional step: have an inspector examine it to make sure you didn't miss anything!


On another note, as the Maid of Honor I just want to thank Kendra publicly for not being like this ahemm bride.


"Pinning, pinning, pinning, pinned..."  and "I wanna be swallowed in ruffles"... I die!

-Mary

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just learned how to create a perfect, soft smoky eye! Amazing! Also, I know what type of bride I do NOT want to be lol.. Thanks Fairies!